Welcome to our school brochure.
I look forward to getting know you and your child over the coming few years and helping your child/ren on the road to success.
We wish our relationship with you to be one of a partnership, home and school sharing responsibility for supporting your child through these crucial years of learning.
We hope you feel happy to come and talk to staff about your child on a formal and informal basis throughout the year.
Greatwood Primary school is a highly effective school in North Yorkshire.
OFSTED 2009 graded us outstanding. (See full report at www.ofsted.gov.uk).
“The quality of teaching and learning is outstanding.
“In this school every child matters”
“Children get off to an excellent start in the Foundation Stage, owing to provision of outstanding quality”
Mrs K Marshall
Acting Head Teacher
Greatwood Community Primary
School and Nursery
We hope you will find this brochure helpful and informative.
Choosing a primary school for your child is a very important decision.
We are proud of Greatwood School and we welcome visits from prospective parents. Come to see us, feel the calm, happy and friendly atmosphere and we will try to answer any questions you might have.
We aim to make our school a pleasant and friendly place to be so that children can be happy at school, enjoy learning and reach their full potential.
We will provide a stimulating learning environment and a variety of exciting opportunities and experiences within a broad and balanced curriculum.
We aim to give children the best possible start to their education by developing their curiosity, imagination and desire to learn.
Irrespective of their race, gender or culture, every child is valued as an individual.
We are very proud of our strong links within the local community. We have excellent support with a variety of services.
We aim to: -
· Provide a welcoming, happy and caring environment for our pupils.
· To help children build up an attitude of care and consideration for others.
· Enable all pupils to feel successful at school.
· Promote a learning environment, which fosters self esteem, self confidence and independence.
· Provide opportunities for a wide variety of experiences in music, drama, art, swimming, and in the community.
· To have a knowledge of Christianity and to have an understanding of other religions and faiths.
· Help pupils to become literate and numerate to the best of their ability and provide rich educational experiences and opportunities for learning across all areas of the curriculum in order for each child to fulfil their potential.
· Involve parents in school life so we can improve the quality of experiences offered to pupils.
· Provide appropriate scope and effective balance in the curriculum, to form good relationships with one another and with staff, to develop self-discipline.
· Encourage links with the wider community.
· To explore the richness of the local environment.
Provide all children with equal opportunities