I hope you are all well and had a good night's sleep. Let's hope the weather is going to be better than it was yesterday. Below is your work for today. Remember to try and include some exercise into your day, whether that is taking part in Joe Wicks' online PE session or making up your own exercise routine. No matter what you choose to do - make sure you have fun!
Use a dictionary to look up your spellings for this week. Record the definition of each word in your blue book, then see if you can come up with some exciting sentences for each word.
Maths - Adding Decimals
For your Maths work today I would like you to recap adding decimals. We learnt this before Christmas but hopefully you will remember. Watch the video input first to help, there is a Flashback activity to start with but don't worry if you are unsure on these answers as some of the questions are a bit tricky.
Then complete the worksheet below. I have attached the answers as well, so you can check your work at the end.
English/ Topic work:
For your writing work today, I would like you to design your own sea creature. It can be an animal that already exists, or you can make up your own! Draw a picture of your sea creature, then write a character description on it.
Tell me where in the sea it is found, e.g. does it live on the coral reef, what it eats, who it's predators are and describe it's appearance using lots of adjectives.
Features to include in your writing:
- descriptive language- really try and paint a picture in the reader's mind
- same tense throughout, e.g. present tense might be easier
- range of punctuation - including commas, exclamation marks, ellipsis maybe, question mark, colon
- can you include any clauses in your writing: a relative clause might be quite easy to include
- remember to write in paragraphs and group similar ideas together
I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with!