Here are your learning jobs for Tuesday 28th April
- PE with Joe Wicks on YouTube at 9am.
- Phonics - choose from set 1, 2 or 3.
- Talk to an adult about the life cycle of a butterfly. You may wish to watch yesterday’s story of ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’ again. Can you draw each stage in your book and write a label underneath. (the four main stages…egg – caterpillar – chrysalis (cocoon) – butterfly)
- Maths – let’s do some estimating! To estimate we have to guess how many…..then we carefully count to check if we are right or wrong. Ask an adult to put some things (Lego, pasta pieces, sweets, cotton wool balls, coins) in a jar or a bowl. Guess how many are in the jar/bowl and then carefully get them out to count and check them. Have another go. Can you guess how many plastic bottle lids are in Mrs Wilkin’s jar? See the photo underneath. I will tell you the answer later.
- To allow the children to keep reading please have a look at Oxford Owl as it is easy to use and the books are great! Try registering for free as a parent at www.oxfordowl.co.uk
- Click ‘log in’
- Then ‘not registered yet’. ‘Join us and register’ using an email address
- You will be emailed a link to click and then off you go.
When choosing books to read start with those in red and yellow book band. (Oxford level 2 and 3)