Parent's Voice and Feedback
In this section, we will periodically be asking your views on different aspects of the school.
We do love to hear positive feedback as well as your thoughts and suggestions of ways we can continue to make Greatwood a fantastic place to learn.
Thank you for your continued support.
Mother's Day Celebration Lunch March 2022
On Friday 25th March we welcomed 105 of our Mummies, Nannas and Aunties into school for a very special celebratory lunch. We all enjoyed fish and chips and our World Famous Chocolate Brownie for pudding. Yet again, another wonderful celebration.
'Just wanted to drop a thank you note to all staff for the fantastic Mother's day lunch which you hosted today! What a lovely memory you have created for us all! I am so proud that my children get to be part of such a fabulous school.' Amy Brennand
'Thank you so much for allowing us to create these memories!'
'Thank you to all of the Greatwood staff for the Mother's Day Lunch. Meredith said that it was one of the best days that she has had at Greatwood. It felt really special to be able to come into school with our children. What a great start to the weekend!' Stacey Reffin
'We had a fab time, and the brownie was amazing!' Fiona Cox
'We loved it, thank you for organizing it, we had a great time.' Laura Ward
Homework Hall of Fame March 2022
Our second ever Homework Hall of Fame was attended by over 70 families. All of our children, from Nursery to Year 6 are set project homework each term. On the 24th March each year group displayed a variety of homework pieces in our Hall of Fame. Our Year 6 children hosted the successful event. The positive comments clearly show the impact that the showcase had on all of the visitors:
'Congratulations to all of the children on their fantastic work. It has been very interesting looking at the displays.' Pasley's Nanna and Grandad
'Great to see all the kids school work. The year 6 children were the perfect hosts! Very polite and lovely to speak to!' Tasha Oldfield
'I loved all the homework! Thank you! The children have all worked so hard. I am so proud! Thanks for all your work too!' Mummy of Dominik
'What lovely work! A real pleasure to look around and see what everyone has been doing :)' Henry's Mummy and Daddy
'I love coming to see the children's work. A lovely event. I love how all of the work is presented. The children should be very proud!' Shannon
'Lovely work. It was good to see what each different class has been doing. Thank you!' Proud Grandparents
'The Hall of Fame Homework was FANTASTIC! We love all of the effort that you have put in.' L.Levbi + A.Volencsik
'Great Display! Great to see all the hard work and effort that has been put into the Homework projects. Thank you for the invite,' George J's parents
'Such a varied amount of subjects for each year group.' Andrina Mullins
'Amazing work! I love the way that the work has been displayed!' Libby
'Lovely homework display. We really enjoyed looking at all of the hard work that the children have done.' Very proud mummy to Bonnie May
'Loving all of the work! So much to look through!'
'Lovely to see all the children's homework on display and all of the effort that the children have put in.' Emma- Ellie and Alyssia's Mummy
EYFS Art Gallery February 2022
Our second EYFS Art Gallery has been a huge success seeing over 80 families attend. This terms theme was 'fruit and vegetables.' The standard of art pieces that were presented were exceptional with different forms represented such as; photography, charcoal, paint, pastels and even sewing. We are sure that you will agree with all the positive comments below:
-It has been lovely seeing all of the children's artwork this morning. It was extra special being able to come in person and see how much time and effort has been put into it all. Thank you, it was a pleasure.
-We had a fabulous time with Alex looking at all the fantastic work that the children at Greatwood have created. Such a lovely place to be! Amy and Mat Brennand
-Brilliant set up. Loved seeing all the pics. We loved seeing Arlo's learning journal and how well presented it is. Cheers- J Tully
-It was so nice to be able to come into school again and see all of the fantastic art! Great to be able to look at the learning journey with our daughter at the same time. Sally Reed
-It is really nice to come in and see the children's work. Skye enjoyed showing me around and telling me how she made her art work.
-It was nice to come into school and look at my children's work which they have been doing. My children loved that mummy could come in and see them.
-Lovely being able to see all the kids art work.
-Thank you for inviting us, it has been great to feel involved and get an insight of Lily at School. -Harriet and Henry Anson
-Well set out, we really enjoyed looking through our sons book. G.Brennand
-Lovely to be invited into school once again! The artwork is brilliant!
Year 4 Performance Assembly Feedback October 2021
Our Year 4 children performed their Ancient Egyptian assembly to an audience, they sang beautifully, acted with confidence and had a lot of laughs from the audience.
-What a fantastic production. Very funny too! We are really proud of Jack and how confident he is becoming. Alison Campbell.
-What a fantastic assembly! I loved the singing and the humour! The mummification process was very well done! (very gruesome!) They all did so well and had obviously worked really hard.
-Fantastic! I loved every minute. Well done! Frankie B's mum
-Fantastic performance, really enjoyed it. The singing was brilliant. Gav Yeoman
-It was brilliant. Everyone was fantastic!
-Fantastic play! Informative, fun, full of confidence, brilliant show.
-Fantastic performance. Excellent singing. All children were very involved and enthusiastic. You should be very proud. We thoroughly enjoyed it.
-Excellent performance by all of the class. We have really enjoyed it.
-Absolutely brilliant work. I am so amazed at how wonderful the children did.
-Excellent! Clear, funny and entertaining!
EYFS Art Exhibition October 2021
Our Early Years children and staff presented the first ever Greatwood art exhibition where the children showcased their personal portraits. We had over 100 visitors to the exhibition who were all shown around by our Early Years children. The feedback says it all really!
- I thought that it was excellent! I really appreciate how the school look to involve parents in their children's learning. -Vicky Noble
- Absolutely amazing, we loved every minute. School looks amazing and it feels good to visit again. -Samantha Busfield
- It has been a lovely morning sharing in the children's successes. A beautifully set up and wonderful exhibition. -Amy Brennand
- I really loved it. Good to see their drawings and paintings. They are all little artists! -Dominik's mum
- So special to be able to come into school and see what amazing things the children are doing. Thank You! -Fiona Cox
- Absolutely beautifully presented-so WONDERFUL to see the children's work- Benny's mum
- It is fantastic to be back in school. What a beautiful display of art work. -Alison Campbell
- It was wonderful to see the girls at school and see the lovely pictures. Looking forward to the next one. -Ilona Lazinska
- Wonderful! Such a pleasure to see the children's work. Thank you! Deborah Edeson
- It was lovely to see all the pictures and even better that Martha could show me around! -Sally Reed
- Amazing-what great paintings and a wonderful opportunity. -Laura Ward
- Absolutely brilliant, really well presented, fun, lovely and a warming feel. Just lovely, thank you! -Stacey Hartley
- Such a lovely way to display the children's work, and getting them involved as well. Good for the children to share their hard work. -Kate Longthorn
- It was lovely having Aoife show me around, she has done brilliantly on her portraits! I really enjoyed getting a little bit of normality back. -Mrs Ireland
- Very creative and exciting. Lovely to see all the kids having fun showing their parents their art. -Lory Jackson
- Very nice to be able to come and see some of the children's work and listen to them explain how they did it. Thank you! -Jason Jones
- I think this is amazing, I am so proud. Shannon Roberts
- Excellent exhibition, great to see all of the work together with my girls- Mrs Smolarsk
- What a lovely idea to allow parents to share artwork with their children. Anna & Francesca's Grandpa
- Fantastic, lovely to be a part of Betsy's school things and to see her face light up when she saw me- Katrina Blenkhorn
- Such a nice experience, feeling closer to my child. Harvey's mum
- Fantastic, Erza was excited to show me her work and I loved seeing it all. -Erza's mum
- My son enjoyed showing me his work. -Gayle Stoney
- Very impressed with all the kids work. -Lauren Parkinson
- A lovely idea to see children's artwork. It was very exciting for the kids -Kayleigh
- Absolutely wonderful! The portraits are so good! What a great idea. Thank you!- Stacey and Shane Reffin
Parent Feedback Lockdown 2020/2021
During the school closure we received an unprecedented amount of positive feedback from our parents:
- We really do not know what we would have done without all the support from school. You have been incredible. Mr Parks
- We've just done our workout and can't wait to start on today's work! Claire Boocock - Lily
- Ava is very much enjoying learning her timetables, and is singing them so much her little sister Isla has learnt them aswell. Ava has been enjoying listening and reading lots of different books and is using great expression when reading a loud. She has practiced her spellings independently and had achieved 10/10 today! We are very proud of her learning and efforts. We have been doing lots of creative activities this week, including drawing lots of castles! Kayleigh Nicholson - Ava
- I really miss going to school and seeing you and my friends. I work hard with maths and English but I also play outside with my parents and sister. Emilia, Y2
- Today we have been for walk in Skipton woods. We listened for the different sounds of the wildlife and Stanley spotted a chaffinch! We also saw Mrs Guy! Stanley then designed his Easter egg - frog!! We are going to print off our pictures from our walk and then write a story about it. Cathy Greenwood - Stanley and Elsie
- “Thank you so much for all you are doing for all of the children.” Amanda Throupe – Cora Ellison
- “Thank you for all you are doing. The boys miss you all.”
- “The boys have been busy going on the garden hunt, building a house for Goldilocks and making porridge from glitter sand. They loved reading the story while playing with the puppets.” Cheryl Hailwood – Blake and Kaiden
- “Harry has had fun learning all about goldilocks and the 3 bears.” Hannah Robinson – Harry
- “Isla is having great fun at the Nicholson School. We have been playing out lots in the garden and getting our exercise on the trampoline. “ Kayleigh Nicholson – Isla
- “Thank you for all the help with the websites and activities, they have been a great help keeping busy.” Elizabeth Burke – Freya
- “Harry has been having lots of fun this week. We have done some writing, practised numbers, baking, science and art.” Alison Campbell - Harry
- We played battleships before bed and loved it, lots of laughter and smiles. Thank you.
- Elektra has really enjoyed doing her French. (Elektra Yr 4 - Cheryl Hailwood)
- You’re sending us some great ideas. Thank you for all the support. (Lilly Yr 4 - Naomi Dodgson)
- I really appreciate you sending Harry some different work to help him as I know you are so busy, so thank you. (Harry W Yr 4 - Rachel Wood)
Year 1 Performance Assembly Feedback 12th February 2020
- "The whole class were amazing and they were all so confident" Sofia's Mum and Dad
- "I really enjoyed watching the performance, well done kids! Thank you Teachers!" Julian's Mum
- "The children did so well learning their lines. We love to watch the class doing things like this."
- "We really enjoyed the performance. It made us both really proud. Well done Year 1!"
- "The children were so confident and looked like they all had lots of fun"
- "The children were fantastic and did very well"
- "The performance was brilliant!"
- "A great performance, we know you are all working hard and trying your best!"
Year 2 Performance Assembly Feedback December 2019:
- "Absolutely fabulous-we really enjoyed it. The children will remember the date of the Great Fire of London and where it started for ever! Thank you once again for another fantastic performance at Greatwood School."
- "I was here when Greatwood School opened in 1953, the performance was very good." Great Grandad
- "Excellent performance, the children were great! They were confident and sang songs off by heart without any support. Thank you teachers for getting the children ready for this play. We really enjoyed it." Emilia's mum
- "Perfect, funny, informative, educational and we loved the costumes"
- "Brilliant performance, well done to everyone involved, The kids did brilliantly!"
- "Amazing, Fantastic, Wonderful! Well done Y2"
- "Brilliant performance, thank you 10/10"
- "Brilliant performance, thoroughly enjoyed it. All the children should be very proud, as are we!"
- "Really lovely, thanks Mrs Marshall! Well done for learning all of the words children." Ruby's mum
- "Brilliant! The kids were amazing!"
- "Absolutely superb. All of the children were fantastic. Well done" Ava's mum
- "Very Good!"
- "Fantastic, well done!"
Parent Questionnaire Feedback Summer 2020
Thank you to all of the parents that completed the Parent Questionnaire in July. Here is a summary of the main findings:
Strengths of the School:
- Safety of the school environment
- Communication-Replying to emails/phone calls straight away
- Information sharing
- The Teaching
- After School clubs
- Community Spirit
- Greatwood is a family
- My child has diabetes and feels safe in school even with this
- Project work
- Children are encouraged to be enthusiastic and confident
Suggestions for improvements:
- More information in the year starter newsletters to show what each year will be learning about.
- Monthly Newsletter not weekly
- Ensuring that all children are wearing the correct uniform
- More joining in times
- Newsletters to include nursery
- Send more texts to remind
- Ensuring that homework is manageable
- More opportunities to discuss friendships, treating each other with care and encouraging creativity.
School Development Plan suggestions:
- Continue to promote good behaviour
- Promoting correct manners and kindness
- Celebrating diversity, acceptance of different cultures, faiths and traditions
- Encourage more creativity
- More focus on outdoor education
- Extra focus on maths
- Extra focus on spellings
- Stronger Y6 Reading Programme to keep children more interested